To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Ornaments


Here a few ornaments made with Layers of color stamps. (www.layersofcolor.com) These were such fun! I got the idea from Patty S's blog, the Magpie's Nest. I stamped onto ivory cardstock with Black Staz-On ink, and then colored with colored pencils. I ran a 20 guage wire through holes made with a Japanese screw punch, and added some beads. I smashed the coiled wire with a hammer on a metal block. I have added glitter to the ornaments, but, not sure if the pics show it up too well. It's time to get into the Christmas spirit!

7 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Your ornaments turned out beautifully Sherre! Aren't they addictive. I must get our my stamps from Laura and play with those too, they are a perfect fit for these ornaments and are such beautiful stamps! I am struggling to get in the holiday creating mode :)

~*~Patty S said...

May I post a link on my blog to your ornaments Sherre. They are coming in from all over the globe!

melody said...

girl..those are KEWL! WOW! totally love them..beautiful work! i so gotta try that

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What lovely jewels you've made, Sherre! Each one a treasure! And they look like fun to make,too! Bravo!

Sharon House said...

Love your ornaments Sherry!

Just wanted you to know that I have added your blog to "My Art Sandbox Playmates" on my blog.

Cheers,
Sharon
http://www.mystoryart.com

Karen Owen said...

I love these ornaments, Sherre! You are so clever.

Mrs. W said...

Sherre WOW these are sooo FUN I love the bright colors coupled with the beads and copper you're a genius!!!