To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Wallhanging Using Layers of Color Stamps




Here is a wallhanging I have made using Layers of Colors Stamps. I started with a canvas board, which I covered with an altered magazine page someone had sent me. I used Golden liquid acrylics in Transparent Yellow Oxide and Quinacridone Crimson for glazes. I also used stamps on the background and gesso. I was sent some pages from an antique Latin Bible, so used those to add interest to the background, and also as a background for the 4 Stampbord focal pieces. I used Ranger Antique Linen distress ink (one of my absolutely favorite inks), on the page pieces. I finished the project by adding a strip of vintage lace, and attaching two metal pieces for hanging. Using copper chain-by-the-foot (found at a local bead shop) for the hanger, I added copper wire with a few beads and other findings for the finishing touch. For stamping on the antique pages, I found that brayering Golden's Carbon Black liquid acrylic onto a printing block worked best. I then dipped the stamp into the paint, did some practice stamping so as to know exactly how much paint to have on the stamp, and stamped. Susan Chong gave me that tip because Staz-on ink pulled the paper off when I tried to lift the stamp off of the stampbord piece. I am not a rubber stamper of great experience, but this was a fun project to make. Thanks Laura, for the fun stamp designs from Layers of Color (www.layersofcolor.com).

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful Sherre.

melody said...

wowza ~ that is gorgeous..and using bible pages..how unique! lovin all the techniques..beautiful work sherre!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Glowing with sunshine...beautifully executed! I love it, Sherre!