Here a few ornaments made with Layers of color stamps. (www.layersofcolor.com) These were such fun! I got the idea from Patty S's blog, the Magpie's Nest. I stamped onto ivory cardstock with Black Staz-On ink, and then colored with colored pencils. I ran a 20 guage wire through holes made with a Japanese screw punch, and added some beads. I smashed the coiled wire with a hammer on a metal block. I have added glitter to the ornaments, but, not sure if the pics show it up too well. It's time to get into the Christmas spirit!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
I am having such a fun time using the Layers of Color stamps to create some projects. This ATC was made with a leftover piece of bristol board that was made from Susan Chong's saran wrap technique done with acrylic paint and spray mists. (Check out the Arttechniques Yahoo group or Susan's blog; Artsymama for details). The vintage image is from one of many vintage image CDs I have; found the scalloped border and thought it was perfect for the word, "Fleur." I thought it needed a little sparkle so added a small rhinestone to her hair. Love those tiny rhinestones!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Here are some photos of the next swap that has gone on at Arttechniques Yahoo group. This is our Fall Skinny Book. 25 members participated; 1 page is missing (still in the mail!). After finishing the huge fat book swap with 120 participants, 25 was a piece of cake! I was able to sort the pages in my sewing room and leave the envelopes in there, so the living area of my house is swap-free! Now to tackle the Winter skinny book with 50 swappers! But, it isn't due until the end of January. Whew!!
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Here is a wallhanging I have made using Layers of Colors Stamps. I started with a canvas board, which I covered with an altered magazine page someone had sent me. I used Golden liquid acrylics in Transparent Yellow Oxide and Quinacridone Crimson for glazes. I also used stamps on the background and gesso. I was sent some pages from an antique Latin Bible, so used those to add interest to the background, and also as a background for the 4 Stampbord focal pieces. I used Ranger Antique Linen distress ink (one of my absolutely favorite inks), on the page pieces. I finished the project by adding a strip of vintage lace, and attaching two metal pieces for hanging. Using copper chain-by-the-foot (found at a local bead shop) for the hanger, I added copper wire with a few beads and other findings for the finishing touch. For stamping on the antique pages, I found that brayering Golden's Carbon Black liquid acrylic onto a printing block worked best. I then dipped the stamp into the paint, did some practice stamping so as to know exactly how much paint to have on the stamp, and stamped. Susan Chong gave me that tip because Staz-on ink pulled the paper off when I tried to lift the stamp off of the stampbord piece. I am not a rubber stamper of great experience, but this was a fun project to make. Thanks Laura, for the fun stamp designs from Layers of Color (www.layersofcolor.com).