To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Inspired by Tim Holtz DVD


I was watching Tim Holtz's first DVD today for inspiration for the arttechniquesatcs May AOM (Artist of the Month) Swap. I started by doing a watercolor stamping on an old page of a Trigonometry textbook that had been Xyroned onto beige cardstock; added some paper bits; then added a found image and a slide mount I had covered and put Perfect Pearls and Crystal Lacquer on. I added Gold Leaf Rub n Buf to the textured paper. I then found these cool flowers someone sent to me as a hostess goodie and added them. Lastly I put a dab of Crystal Lacquer and some of those teeny little beads in the center of each flower. Probably not "Holtzy" enough for the swap, but it is "Sherre" enough to please me. Art is making what you like, right?

No comments: