To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Tuesday, March 13, 2007



This series of postcards is different than others I have done. It is for an Antique-looking postcard swap. A few years ago at a flea market I bought an old ledger with German and Arabic newpaper articles (appear to be recipes), and old pattern instructions. I used some of the ledger pages as the background (German). I added some snippets of the old German newspaper found in the ledger. I then scanned some old German money from 1910 (from another source) and printed out small copies of it. Last embellishment is a German stamp, a little bit of distress ink (the page and paper already looked old) and a coat of gel medium. Simple arrangements, but fun to do. I wonder who owned this book- did they bring it with them when they fled Germany in WWII? I will never know. One of the reasons I love antique books is wondering about their previous owners and the lives they lived.

No comments: