To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Monday, March 05, 2007

Alcohol Ink & Transparency ATCs

This ATC is being done for an alcohol ink & transparency swap for the new subgroup arttechniquesatcs. I figured out how to take my vintage images and turn them into black and clear designs for transparencies- use the "stamp" filter in Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.
For this ATC I used a Color Mists background with some vintage text. I lightly dabbed alcohol inks onto the back of the transparency since I wanted a light effect. I attached the transparency with 2 eyelets. The scan doesn't show the lovely shimmer the metallic Color Mists add to the background.

1 comment:

Shari said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!! I didn't think that I wanted to do this swap/technique, but after seeing this beauty, I may need to play around with my transparency sheets and alcohol inks!!
-shari schneider