To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Michael DeMeng's Morpheus Box Class



Here are the "In-the-midst-of-working" pictures of my Morpheus Box. I used Tub and Tile Caulk for the texture medium. I then pressed a piece of punchinella (sequin waste) into the back and sides in a random fashion. I used a wooden skewer to draw the squiggles and scrolls. I find I use scroll designs a lot in my work. I am very drawn to scrolls! I added a salvage yard computer part to the top (not dramatic enough, I need to do more!). I put some Russian text and Finnish music on the rotating piece of wood. I added piece of marble paper from Italy that an art group member sent me to the back of my box. I also added some titles from the Daily Bread to the sides and bottom of the box before washing over it. There is another computer part attached to the top front of the box. Our local salvage yard has great doodads for art!


No comments: