To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Digital Collage "Mail Order Bride" Challenge for The Latest Trends Yahoo Group

LOVE FOR ALL TIME
This piece was inspired by the March Challenge in The Latest Trends in Mixed Media Art group. The theme for March was "Mail Order Bride."
I knew I wanted a bridal couple and perhaps an image of a woman writing or reading a letter. When I found the two images (all are from Joanna Banana) of the musing man and the musing woman, I knew I could make a composition using those. The background and floral elements are from Cottage Arts. I played around with the type of light on each image using Photoshop CS3.
I liked the saying on the background, "Love for all Time". I am sure many of the mail order brides hoped to find true love, not just safety and security through this type of marriage.

2 comments:

Faye said...

A really well thought out piece, Sherre. And beautiful as is all your art.

morningDove said...

i love the color of this piece, your playing around paid off.and the composition of the collage is wonderful.