To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Experiments with Monoprinting




You can see how much darker the tulips are compared to the daisy and the pears below. This was a fun process, and I think I will try more intricate designs at another time. I used a Speedball Printer's Block and a small Speedball brayer. I also used Speedball Block Printing Ink in Black.I probably used too much ink, because my very first print was all black, but you could see the design through it. I just drew with a pencil very quickly without stressing over perfection. The next steps to these monoprints will be adding torn papers to the images. I will post the collaged prints when I have done that step. The Arttechniques group is doing a swap based on an article in the recent Cloth Paper Scissors on pages 38-39. Check it out and give it a try!

No comments: