To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Monday, April 09, 2007

ZNE DESIGN #1


This is the first design I have made using the ZNE Collage Sheet I chose for our April Challenge. We are to use 1 image on our art from the chosen sheet. I chose the Little Missys sheet. The phrase (taken from a poem), says it all. She does have a sweet young face! I used a 4 x 4 canvas panel and covered it with a Basic Grey paper (yellow with stars). I then added a blue piece of scrapbook paper and the image of the girl's face. I dry-brushed the piece with white gesso, and added a bit of Nick Bantock dye ink in Chrome Yellow. I tied some sheer blue ribbon around the panel and added the gold heart with a yellow safety pin. I then found the little flowers in my stash and added them to give the right side of the piece some interest. I found the phrase in an antique poetry book, and voila`!

No comments: