To Think About

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
Celia Thaxter

Thursday, April 05, 2007



This drawing was done by Jonny Binkard as part of a Letterheads Outline Drawing Partner Swap. We each did a line drawing and mailed it to another person to "decorate." Jonny's art was so detailed that I just played with color. I had made a few copies to try different color waves, and this is the one I liked the best. You can't see in the scan but I used really fun gel pens by Sakura. Some had sparkles, some were a glaze which results in a slightly raised image. I also used some Sharpie pens for some of the colors. Wish the sparkles showed up! Also, her face was lightly colored and shaded with a colored pencil but that doesn't show up real well either. The limitations of scanning!

Jonny is a fantastic artist! She does the most wonderful line drawings! Thanks Jonny, for letting me post this piece on my blog.

No comments: