Wednesday, February 28, 2007
This is a background for an ATC. I took part of a magazine page and scrunched it onto a piece of cardstock that had been run through a Xyron machine. That made the cardstock all sticky. Brayer the picture to the card real well and then trim to fit the card. I used a glue stick to adhere any loose folds and then brayered the whole card again. I then dry-brushed gesso onto the card and added some dye ink when the gesso was dry. On this card I also added some copper pigment ink.
Here are a few sample covers of little art books that I am sending as RAKs (Random Act of Kindness) to some of the ladies in my Christian Paper Arts group. I made the books from cardstock and embellished with vintage images, rubber stamping, distress and dye inks, buttons, ribbons, and verses and sayings from old Daily Bread devotional booklets.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Friday, February 09, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
This one is more to my liking. I used Color Mists again for the background. Unfortunately, the metallic sheen doesn't really show in the scan. Added a part of an old dictionary page; a Tim Holtz scrapbook paper piece; some stickers; added distress inks and sanded a bit to the paper and stickers. I found an image of a woman sitting, so put her on top of the letters. I felt she needed something, so instead of adding the inevitable wings, I found a decorative metal frame and added that.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
I did a quick sketch last night based on a picture found on the cover of a book I am reading.
I was wanting a side of a face for a postcard I am designing.
I made this sketch with a charcoal pencil. I am pretty pleased with it because I worked fast and didn't fuss over the details too much. I have been wanting to get back to my drawing and painting and this just might spur me to do so. I will post the pc once I get it finished.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
An ATC for a Vintage Advertising themed swap. This one has an inked scrapbook paper background. Then two images from a label book I had. The whole ATC is coated with a beeswax/microcrystalline wax. Added a metal embellishment and some ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to the edges.
Here is a sample Valentine card that I am sending this year. I used some of my leftover red inch squares, rounding the edges on two of them for the heart shape. I found blank cards with a red edge so was able to save time on the card itself. Happy Valentine's Day!